From Freepascal Amiga wiki
Revision as of 00:40, 17 May 2020 by Migario (→Crosscompile from Linux: added crossopt option when using vasm/vlink)
Installation of Free Pascal on a MorphOS machine
- an MorphOS machine
- MorphOS 3.0 or better
- much RAM
- official MorphOS SDK
- binary release of FPC-MorphOS
- Unpack the archive file to a folder where you like to have the installation
- Create an assign FreePascal: to the pp folder (for example in s:user-startup)
- Add the binary location to path Freepascal:bin/powerpc-morphos (for example in s:user-startup)
- if you do not want to create an assign you can also edit the fpc.cfg and fp.cfg and add your personal path directly there
Crosscompile from Linux
This section describe how the freepascal compiler with all units can be created under a linux system. This could be important if you start without a working freepascal at MorphOS.
- A working linux system (CPU is not important, i386 and x64 tested other platform might work)
- A freepascal compiler for this linux (Version = 3.0) (e.g. at Ubuntu/Debian
apt-get install fpc)
- You need a the MorphOS binutils e.g. Gnu Cross MorphOS binutils or Cross binutils vasm/vlink)
- Get the latest freepascal source
- via svn: svn checkout http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk fpc
- via zip: from the Freepascal Development Page
- A folder fpc is created with the sources inside, change to the folder
- make the compiler, e.g.
zipinstallto create directly a packed version
make zipinstall CPU_TARGET=powerpc OS_TARGET=morphos
- copy the archive to your MorphOS and replace the binaries and units
- make the cross compiler e.g.
crossalland install it
make crossall CPU_TARGET=powerpc OS_TARGET=morphos sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=powerpc OS_TARGET=morphos
- In case opting for the vasm/vlink binutils (instead of the gnu binutils):
make crossall CPU_TARGET=powerpc OS_TARGET=morphos CROSSOPT="-XV -Avasm" sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=powerpc OS_TARGET=morphos CROSSOPT="-XV -Avasm"